Do you like working with numbers, organizing data and communicating with people? Then a career in accounting may be the perfect fit for you. Here at Iowa Lakes, you have the option of pursuing a Certified Professional Bookkeeper Certificate, an Accounting Diploma or an Associate in Applied Science Degree as an Accounting Specialist.
Learn something new every day while acquiring the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in an accounting career. Become familiar with the basic principles of accounting and discover the variety of specialties within this industry, including
public accounting, private accounting or governmental and nonprofit accounting.
Prepare for a recession-proof career in a field that's stimulating, challenging and constantly evolving. Learn how the business world works and gain the skills and experience of a specialist.
Accounting Specialist A.A.S. Program Outcomes
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in accounting for sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations.
- Perform all required steps in the accounting cycle, including the preparation of financial statements.
- Perform specialized payroll accounting procedures.
- Apply cost accounting procedures to manufacturing entities.
- Prepare federal income tax forms for individuals and businesses.
- Perform word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and accounting applications.
- Apply communication strategies in written and oral business communications.
- Recognize economic forces and monetary and fiscal policy, both domestically and globally.
- Evaluate the ethical issues businesses confront.
- Apply critical thinking skills in solving complex accounting problems.
- Demonstrate professionalism and civility.
712-362-8399 Ext: 8399
Online availability: 100%
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here