Gain hands-on agriculture production experience while earning an Associate in Applied Science Degree. As technology continues to evolve, workers need as much specialized training as possible to prepare for a career in the agricultural industry. You will receive on-the-job training working on our 300+ acre college-owned farm.
With the option to specialize in crops, swine or beef, you will become familiar with a wide variety of production methods and examine the latest developments in agriculture technology. In addition to working in the farm laboratory, you will become acquainted with today's technologies, which include GPS/ GIS, VRT, real-time Ultra-sound, electronic identification, artificial insemination, embryo transfer and various computer software programs.
Start your career in the production sector of agriculture with the skills and experience of a specialist. Gain knowledge of agriculture principles as well as the role of marketing and effective communication in agriculture. Through our Occupational Experience portion of the program, you'll also have the opportunity to earn money while gaining experience in the agribusiness environment.
Ag Production Technology Program Outcomes
- Construct a business plan for an agricultural operation.
- Compare common crop enterprises important to our region.
- Differentiate management principles to livestock operations.
- Demonstrate safe operation of agriculture equipment.
- Apply current technology in agricultural systems.
- Relate skills to obtain and keep a job.
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here