Gain hands-on electrical technology experience while earning an Associate in Applied Science Degree. As the demand grows for quality electricity, so does the need for qualified electricians. Industry trends show that the need for electricians in the workforce will increase by 20% over the next 10 years.
Our program prepares you to enter the workforce as an apprentice electrician, in which you will be under the supervision of a Journeyman or Master Electrician. You'll acquire 2,080 hours of on-the-job training right here at Iowa Lakes, contributing toward the typical 8,000 hours required by most states of an apprentice electrician before they may take the electrical examination.
Get real experience and training on power generation, electric motors and controls, renewable energy power systems, HVAC controls and programmable logic control systems. You'll also learn about the National Electrical Code and how to perform electrical work within the residential, commercial and industrial electronics sectors. By studying our broad curriculum, you'll develop both core and specialized skills in electrical technology.
If you want a challenging and rewarding career with room to advance, then our Electrical Technology program may be a great fit for you. Develop the skills needed to be an electrician in our two-year program.
Electrical Technology Program Outcomes
- Install electrical components and equipment.
- Interpret electrical blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Diagnose issues with electrical components and equipment.
- Employ electrical wiring codes and regulations in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
- Perform daily tasks utilizing electrically safe work practices according to OSHA standards and the NFPA 70E Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
- Determine wiring for control, instrumentation, communications and power systems in residential, commercial and industrial applications.
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here