Prepare for a career in recreational equipment repair in our dual-track Boat and Watercraft Technician program. Through classroom and lab experience, you'll develop competence in repairing the most modern recreational equipment. Master the skills needed to pursue a career in marine engine technology.
Receive diverse training that prepares you to repair snowmobiles, personal watercraft, inboard engines, outboard engines and stern drive engines. Learn about theory, proper procedures and safety when repairing equipment, and get hands-on instruction with the newest recreational equipment available. You'll also have the opportunity to receive industry training through the on-the-job training segment of our program, which is industry supported by leading industry brands such as Arctic Cat, BRP, Mercury, Polaris, Snap-On, Yamaha and Volvo Penta.
You may also choose to take more business management courses in the second year of the program. If you dream of one day owning your own recreational equipment repair business, this path may be a great fit for you. People who take this route may also pursue work as a sales rep or parts distributor.
Whether you choose to work in a marina, snowmobile dealership or own your own business, you'll establish a strong foundation of skills and understanding of recreational equipment repair right here at Iowa Lakes. Prepare to thrive as a Boat and Watercraft Technician with plenty of hands-on experience to back you up.
Boat and Watercraft Technician Program Outcomes
- Identify the operational relationships in marine, snowmobile and watercraft components and systems.
- Select appropriate tools and equipment for the task being performed.
- Demonstrate effective use of industry related literature to perform proper repairs.
- Diagnose and repair or replace marine, snowmobile and watercraft systems and components according to industry standards.
- Evaluate system performance for repair or replacement.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to recommended factory service schedules.
- Develop accuracy, proficiency, and quality for task being performed.
- Practice safety in the repair and service of marine, snowmobile and watercraft systems
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here