Do you dream of a rewarding career that contributes to the quality of life we experience? Then a career as a Water Quality Technician may be the perfect fit for you. The concern over water quantity and water quality issues is higher than ever, and as a result, the career opportunities for professionals trained in water quality technology continue to grow. Through our new Water Quality Technician program, you'll become familiar with the workplace training needs of the sustainable energy, natural resources management and industrial fields.
Develop a variety of general industrial skills such as electrical and blueprint reading. Gain exposure to water processing facilities and get on-the-job experience analyzing the parameters of water, evaluating the effectiveness of water processing and learning how to operate and manage water processing and wastewater treatment systems.
This practical experience along with the advanced coursework during the second year ensures that you know what to expect when entering the workforce and, even better, that you'll be ready for it. You'll be ready to operate and manage water processing and wastewater treatment systems with confidence.
Water Quality Technician Program Outcomes
- Exemplify safe working habits for the water quality field
- Apply concepts of hydro-lymnology to the functions of natural water systems
- Troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems
- Analyze physical, chemical and biological parameters of water systems
- Effectively communicate sound water conservation practices to key stakeholders
- Discriminate between local, state and federal laws and policies
- Differentiate between career options available in the water quality field
- Value the role of water quality stewardship as it relates to public health
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here