Master the knowledge, skills and techniques needed to thrive in a career in massage therapy. A diploma in Massage Therapy gives you the opportunity to earn a high salary and take this valuable skill-set anywhere in the world. Whether you choose to work in a chiropractic office, sports center or on a cruise ship, our Massage Therapy program will prepare you for real-life experience.
Complete courses in Medical Terminology, Intro to Swedish Massage, Anatomy and Physiology, Kinesiology/Anatomy & Movement for Massage Therapy, Sports Massage and more. The Iowa Lakes curriculum is based on the guidelines set by the Iowa Board of Massage Therapy and the National Certification Board to meet the requirements for passing the Iowa Board of Massage Therapy licensing examinations.
The curriculum is challenging because of the emphasis on thoroughly understanding anatomy and body mechanics. Maintaining a 2.0 (or higher) GPA increases your chances of being successful in the program and passing the licensure exam.
As a licensed massage therapist, you have endless options when it comes to choosing your work setting. Start your career in massage therapy with the skills and experience of a professional.
Massage Therapy Diploma Program Outcomes
1. Articulate touch as a holistic approach to healing.
2. Relate the effects of massage therapy to indications of use as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)
3. Correlate anatomy and kinesiology of the musculoskeletal system to the practice of soft tissue manipulation.
4. Recognize contraindications to massage and endangerment site techniques.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of medical terms and pathology as it relates to the practice of massage.
6. Demonstrate concepts related to massage/bodywork forms/styles, positioning and draping, with correct application.
7. Adapt massage sessions to meet the needs of special populations.
8. Implement information obtained during the client intake processes to client centered massage sessions.
9. Develop interpersonal skills that are rooted in the ethical considerations of massage therapy.
10. Recognize the importance of personal wellness to career longevity.
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here