Prepare for a career in power equipment repair in our dual-track Powersports and Power Equipment Technology program. Through classroom and lab experience, you'll develop competence in repairing the most modern powersports equipment as well as chainsaws, lawn and gardening equipment and generators. Master the skills needed to pursue a career in power equipment technology.
Receive diverse training that prepares you to repair a variety of two- and four-cycle engines, powertrains and chassis. Learn how to maintain and repair powersport vehicles such as motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles and personal watercrafts. Acquire the knowledge and skill-set needed to diagnose and service today's powersport and small engine equipment.
Gain hands-on experience while working in our modern, high tech service lab and through student internship opportunities. You'll also have the opportunity to earn specialized certifications with leading industry brands such as Polaris, Victory, Honda, Yamaha, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Kawasaki, John Deere, Toro, Stihl, Echo and more.
Whether you choose to work at a small engine dealer, rental center or run your own power equipment repair business, you'll establish a strong foundation of skills and understanding of powersports equipment repair right here at Iowa Lakes. Prepare to thrive as a technician with plenty of hands-on experience to back you up.
Powersports & Power Equipment Technology Diploma Program Outcomes
- Practice safety in the repair and service of Powersports and Power Equipment systems.
- Identify the operational relationships in Powersports and Power Equipment components and systems.
- Select appropriate tools and equipment for the task being performed.
- Demonstrate effective use of industry related literature to perform repairs.
- Evaluate system performance for repair or replacement.
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here