Gain the tools needed to pursue a career in law enforcement, corrections or private security while earning your Associate in Applied Science Degree. Whether you want to enter the workforce upon graduation, transfer to a four-year college or brush up your skills as a trained professional, our Criminal Justice program will set you on the right path.
Through field experience and simulation labs, you'll gain real on-the-job training and exposure to be fully prepared for a career in criminal justice. Take advantage of specialized training offered in your field through seminars and independent study. If you're currently employed in law enforcement, you may choose to enhance your education with in-service training courses specially designed for you to complete your academic training.
Start your career in criminal justice with the skills and experience of a specialist. Whether you choose to work as a correctional officer, police officer, security guard or loss prevention specialist, you'll establish the foundational knowledge and experience needed to thrive right here at Iowa Lakes.
Before enrolling in the program, determine if you meet the minimum hiring standards for the state where you will be seeking employment. Iowa standards are located in Section 550, Chapter I of the Iowa Administrative Code.
Criminal Justice Program Outcomes
- Explain how constitutional concepts apply to the criminal justice system.
- Apply knowledge of the criminal and civil law to situations encountered in the field.
- Model an ethical framework at both the personal and system level.
- Assess rapidly evolving or changing situations.
- Use verbal, non-verbal, and written communication in a criminal justice context.
- Cultivate physical and mental health.
- Support the concept of service to the community.
- Apply basic investigative and procedural techniques to practical situations.
Online availability: 50%
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here