Do you enjoy working with people and helping them reach their goals? Then a career in Human Services may be a great fit for you. Pursue an Associate in Applied Science degree in a field that is projected to grow in demand over the next few years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor. Our Human Services Program consists of four terms plus work experience, preparing you for a variety of career opportunities.
Develop skills in planning and case management, assessment and referrals, interviewing and behavioral observations, and working with individuals and groups. Become familiar with learning and behavior disabilities, mental illness, dementia and other related disorders. Whether you choose to work in a treatment center, social service agency or supported living program, you'll develop the foundational skills you need right here while earning your Associate in Applied Science Degree.
Practical experience along with the advanced coursework during the second year ensures that you know what to expect when entering the workforce and, even better, that you'll be ready for it. Upon graduation, you'll be ready for entry-level employment or to transfer to a four-year college or university. If you transfer to a four-year institution, you may choose to specialize your skill-set by focusing on social work, psychology, counseling or education/special education.
Human Services Program Outcomes
- Explore the role of human services in society.
- Examine the disciplines of psychology and sociology and their connection to human services.
- Apply the skills of assessment, planning, referral and monitoring.
- Demonstrate interviewing techniques.
- Differentiate between an urgent and non-urgent client situation.
- Implement documentation, case notes and goal writing.
- Practice ethics and confidentiality evaluations.
Amy Ver Mulm
Online availability: 100%
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here