Prepare for a career in power equipment repair in our Powersports and Power Equipment Technology program. Through classroom and lab experience, you'll develop competence in repairing the most modern powersports equipment as well as chainsaws, lawn and gardening equipment and generators. Master the skills needed to pursue a career in power equipment technology.
Receive diverse training that prepares you to repair a variety of two and four-cycle engines, powertrains and chassis. Learn how to maintain and repair powersport vehicles such as motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft. Acquire the knowledge and skill-set needed to diagnose and service today's powersport and power equipment.
Gain hands-on experience while working in our modern, high tech service lab and through student internship opportunities. You will receive the training needed, and earn specialized certifications while working on leading industry brands such as Polaris, Victory, Honda, Yamaha, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Kawasaki, John Deere, Toro, Stihl, Echo and more!
Whether you choose to work at a power equipment dealer, rental center or run your own power equipment repair business, you'll establish a strong foundation of skills and understanding of powersports equipment repair right here at Iowa Lakes. Prepare to thrive as a technician with plenty of hands-on experience to back you up.
Powersports & Power Equipment Technology A.A.S. Program Outcomes
- Practice safety in the repair and service of Powersports and Power Equipment systems.
- Identify the operational relationships in Powersports and Power Equipment components and systems.
- Select appropriate tools and equipment for the task being performed.
- Demonstrate effective use of industry related literature to perform repairs.
- Evaluate system performance for repair or replacement.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to recommended service schedules.
- Develop accuracy, proficiency, and quality in tasks performed.
Students complete the Polaris Master Service Dealer (MSD) certifications at the Bronze and Silver levels while enrolled in the program at Iowa Lakes.
One Of The 5 Best Motorcycle Mechanic Schools in the U.S.
Ranked 3rd by Universities.com for Best Colleges with Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Technology Degrees in the U.S.
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here