Be ready to begin your business degree at Iowa Lakes! Acquire training and skills necessary to succeed in one of the many profitable and steady career fields relating to business, such as accountant, financial analyst, actuary, college admission representative, teacher, and more.
Earn your Associate in Arts degree in Business before transferring on to a regent university (University of Iowa, Iowa State or University of Northern Iowa) to complete your Bachelor of Science degree. Completion of the AA degree at Iowa Lakes will satisfy the required general education prerequisites at the regent of your choosing. Feel confident with having completed Principles of Business I and II, as well as Macroeconomics and Microeconomics before even graduating from Iowa Lakes.
By earning this degree, you'll have met the general course requirements for a specific major of a four-year institution and a transfer major recorded on your transcripts from Iowa Lakes. Requirements may vary among institutions so students should work with an advisor to become familiar with specific requirements of the institution which they plan to transfer.
To earn a Transfer Major Degree, a student must complete all required coursework of that specific major and maintain a 2.0
It's good business to begin your degree with a Transfer Major at Iowa Lakes. You have a goal ... we have the plan. APPLY TODAY
Students who plan to complete their general AA or AS and have a TRANSFER OPTION should contact the college or university to which they plan to transfer to assure that that core courses they take will transfer into their planned major.
- Students are able to communicate clearly, both written and oral using the correct medium.
- Students are able to support ideas with appropriate and adequate information.
- Demonstrate safe laboratory practices.
- Apply scientific inquiry/scientific method to answer questions about the natural world.
- Apply mathematical methods to solve real world problems.
- Evaluate the validity of mathematical solutions.
Social Science Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills in written and oral communication.
- Students will critique the diversity of human experience, individually and collectively.
- Form an aesthetic and/or ethical judgement of specific examples.
- Use the language of the discipline appropriately.
- Integrate the technology necessary in the workplace environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in utilizing software application tools.
712-362-7994 Ext: 7994
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here
(26-27 semester credits)
Business Requirements-Business Transfer
(10 semester credits)
(8 additional semester credits. Must take at least one science)
Mathematics Electives-Business Transfer
(3 additional semester credits)
Social Science Electives-Business Transfer
(9 semester credits from two or more areas)
Plus Electives to Total 64 Semester Credits:
- May include up to 16 vocational/technical credits; do no include developmental courses or special needs courses.