Gain hands-on management experience and examine the latest developments in agriculture technology while earning an Associate in Applied Science Degree. As technology continues to evolve, workers need as much specialized training as possible to prepare for a career in agribusiness. You will receive on-the-job training working on our college-owned farm.
With 300+ acres of row crops, a herd of 50 cattle, 150+ head commercial feedlot, and a top-notch swine facility that facilitates a farrow-to-finish operation, our farm allows you to learn the ropes of the industry firsthand. You will help manage the daily operations and become familiar with a wide variety of production methods to prepare for a career in farm management.
Start your career in agriculture or farm management with the skills and experience of a specialist. Gain knowledge of agriculture principles as well as the role of marketing and effective communication in agriculture. Through our Occupational Experience portion of the program, you'll also have the opportunity to earn money while gaining experience in the agribusiness environment.
Agribusiness Technology Program Outcomes
- Construct a business plan for an agricultural business.
- Compare common crop enterprises important to our region.
- Demonstrate safe operation of agriculture equipment.
- Design an agricultural sales presentation.
- Compare common livestock enterprises important to tour region.
- Apply current technology in agricultural systems.
- Relate skills to obtain and keep a job.
TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION: Click here
Request a Cost Estimate Worksheet: Click here